Data privacy is of high importance for Essel Sports Management B.V and we want to be open and transparent with our processing of your personal data.
We therefore have a policy setting out how your personal data will be processed and protected.
Who is the controller of your personal data?
Essel Sports Management B.V. (“ESSEL”)
Pieter Braaijweg 53
1114 AJ Amsterdam-Duivendrecht
ESSEL is the controller of the personal data you submit to us and responsible for your personal data under applicable data protection law. ESSEL is part of the ESSEL group. This privacy notice is issued on behalf of the total ESSEL group and ESSEL is referring to the relevant company in the ESSEL Group responsible for processing the data.
Where do we store your data?
The data that we collect from you is stored within the European Economic Area (“EEA”) but may also be transferred to and processed in a country outside of the EEA. Any such transfer of your personal data will be carried out in compliance with applicable laws.
For transfers outside the EEA, ESSEL will use Standard Contractual Clauses and Shields as safeguards for countries without adequacy decisions from the European Commission. For example we can share your data outside the EEA in case of an international transfer. ESSEL is committed to ensure your information is secure and not lost, used or accessed to an unauthorized party.
Who can access your data?
Your data may be shared within the ESSEL group. We never pass on, sell or swap your data for marketing purposes to third parties outside the ESSEL group.
Data that is forwarded to third parties, is only used to provide you with our services in compliance with your approval. Authorization will be asked and be in line with the services of and contract with ESSEL.
What personal data do we collect?
We may collect, use, store and transfer your “personal data”. This can include:
- Identity Data such as name, passport, ID, usernames, marital status, job title, DOB and images.
- Demographic Data such as preferences and interests.
- Contact Data such as email address or telephone number.
- Financial Data such as bank account or payment card details.
- Technical Data such as IP address, login data, browser type, location, statistical or demographic data.
- Usage Data such as information about how you use our website, products and services.
- Marketing and Communications Data including your preferences regarding receiving marketing materials from us and/or our third parties or other information relevant to customer surveys or offers.
How is your personal data collected?
We use different methods to collect data from and about you including through: Direct Interactions with you and if you give your identity and contact data by corresponding with us by post, phone, email or otherwise to ESSEL or filling in forms (by paper or electronically). This includes data you provide when you apply for the services of ESSEL (or those of our suppliers/clients/third parties).
What we do with your personal data?
We basically use your personal data to perform our services and contract to you. Our goal is to improve our services and to get insights in the way you perceive our services and to better understand your needs to provide you with a better service. We will only use the data when the law allows ESSEL to.So when ESSEL has to perform according to the agreed contract with you, or when ESSEL needs to use your data for legitimate interest or to comply with any legal or regulatory obligation.
What is the legal grount for processing?
For every specific process of personal data we collect from you, we will inform you whether the provision of personal data is statutory or required to enter a contract and whether it is an obligation to provide the personal data and possible consequences if you choose not to.
What are your rights?
- Right to access: You have the right to request information about the personal data we hold on you at any time. You can contact ESSEL and we will provide you with your personal data via e-mail. Right to portability: Whenever ESSEL processes your personal data, by automated means based on your consent or based on an agreement, you have the right to get a copy of your data transferred to you or to another party. This only includes the personal data you have submitted to us.
- Right to rectification: You have the right to request rectification of your personal data if the information is incorrect, including the right to have incomplete personal data completed.
- Right to complain: You have the right to complain at any time at the Authorities “Persoonsgegevens”, the Dutch supervisory authority for data protection cases. Do contact ESSEL first before doing so.
How long we hold your data?
We will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes ESSEL collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.
To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorized use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
By law we have to keep basic information about our customers (including Contact, Identity, Financial and Transaction Data) for seven years after they cease being customers for tax purposes and for the purposes of any contractual claim.
Right to restriction:
You have the right to request ESSEL restricts the process of your personal data under the following circumstances:
- If you object to a processing based on ESSEL’s legitimate interest, ESSEL shall restrict all processing of such data pending the verification of the legitimate interest.
- If you claim that your personal data is incorrect, ESSEL must restrict all processing of such data pending the verification of the accuracy of the personal data.
- If the processing is unlawful, you can oppose the erasure of personal data and instead request the restriction of the use of your personal data instead.
- If ESSEL no longer needs the personal data, but it is required by you to defend legal claims.
How can you exercise your rights?
We take data protection very seriously and therefore you can always mail to email@example.com to handle your requests in relation to your rights stated above.
If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the requirements of GDPR. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please mail to email@example.com
Updates to our Privacy Notice:
We may need to update our Privacy Notice. The latest version of the Privacy Notice is always available on our website.
What Are Cookies
For more general information on cookies, please read «What Are Cookies».
You can prevent the setting of cookies by adjusting the settings on your browser (see your browser Help for how to do this). Be aware that disabling cookies will affect the functionality of this and many other websites that you visit. Disabling cookies will usually result in also disabling certain functionality and features of the this site. Therefore it is recommended that you do not disable cookies.
The Cookies We Set
- Site preferences cookies
In order to provide you with a great experience on this site we provide the functionality to set your preferences for how this site runs when you use it. In order to remember your preferences we need to set cookies so that this information can be called whenever you interact with a page is affected by your preferences.
Third Party Cookies
- This site uses Google Analytics which is one of the most widespread and trusted analytics solution on the web for helping us to understand how you use the site and ways that we can improve your experience. These cookies may track things such as how long you spend on the site and the pages that you visit so we can continue to produce engaging content. All data gathered by Google Analytics is anonymized and not shared with other third parties or Google services.
For more information on Google Analytics cookies, see the official Google Analytics page.
If you are still looking for more information then you can contact us through the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org